Tuesday, June 29, 2010

To be someone you're not.

All around me are mementos of my life.

But the problem with such memories is that I was not happy with who I was.

So how do I put in place things to remind me to be someone that I'm not?

Where is the picture that will steal to remind me to be kinder?

Where is the old tattered letter to tell me to mean what I say?

Where can I find the old T-shirt that speaks to my irresponsibility?

Everyone always holds dear to the idea of being true to yourself, and I too am guilty of such a feat, but remaining unwilling to accept the possibility that we are flawed and damaged and operating at dangerous levels seems almost taboo.

I recognize my flaws but refuse to accept them as a part of me. I was born a flawless creature and acquired broken pieces, flawed views and damaged patterns.

Time to undo what's been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment