I was, admittedly, a little opposed to posting anything about our break-up, but after some time (app. 2 days) to think, I've decided to let this post be the last mention of you.
You have a lot of nerve. I'm so confused yet impressed at your ability to victimize yourself in this ordeal.
We had a rough week, arguing quite a bit and becoming annoyed with one another. I agree that the week lifted a veil that lust had draped and what was left was two very raw individuals. I was unimpressed with my actions and a little take back by the actuality that replaced the individual I had been sleeping with. But regardless of the changes, I was still in love. I still meant those words, I still saw you in my future, you were still the man standing at the end of the tunnel. I was changing for you, becoming a man worthy of your attention and affection.
Dexter, by nature, is a fighter. When it comes to things that I want or need, I'm relentlessly aggressive in order to assure permanence. I have a limitless abundance of optimism, focusing on what is possible rather than what is.
Jacob, by nature, is not. You were not happy. You were not willing to take in my world, you were not willing to fight for the relationship despite it's downfalls and revelations. You were not optimistic, you were a dramatic fallacy of love. You spoke the words, but gave them in hollow. You were not a man. You were a boy, bent on the fireworks of my heart. Well, you have them. I've burst into a brilliant display of sadness, self-doubt and regret.
You are a valuable lesson. I thank you. But do not be mistaken, fuck you. I will never look upon you again with anything more than distaste and bitterness.
The good of our relationship outweighed our negatives 6 to 1. I did the research, I wrote it out.
You were unwilling.
You were tired.
You are a coward.
You are a thief.
You do, however, deserve someone like you. So here's to a man that will look past your passive personality, you're pointless arguments, you're negative outlook on everything. Here's to the man that will be able to tame your mood swings, shape your ego. Congrats to the champion that I failed to be.
I am at fault, of course.
I don't own a car to visit you. Is that where my contributions should have lay? Is that all that was required to make this relationship "two-sided"? Throw more at me than miles and gas. I measured your loved in the way you looked at me, the way you squeezed my had, the way that your breathing settled when you laid your head on my chest...
No matter...
I can't wait until you're just a bad memory and a good lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment