The older I get, the more real the world becomes. When I was younger, I always thought about poor people and people with addictions and thought "wow, that could never be me" I thought that prosperity and sobriety would just float to me, like I wouldn't have to work for the finner things in life. The truth is so much scarier. I could very easily live as a poor man with MULTIPLE addictions. THAT life is easiest. You dont have to work for much at all. Now I see why most of this nation is impoverished. It's the best job in the world. Sometimes, world, I sit and cry thinking about the job I've done raising myself post parentals. They did a superb job, although, I would have liked to have gotten a car in my youth. I do imagine my life NOW being better if I would have ever owned a car. But, ever since college, I've been on my own and I've been letting myself down in a vicious circle of bad decisions and layers upon layers of lies.
In Marshall, Mo, where I am now since leaving New York, I work at Applebees as a server/bartender. I make in a week and a half, what I could make in two days in New York. lol, but then again my rent is $133/month THANK YA LORD! But, seriously, my job blows, not because of money or serving, all of my friends are there as well, I just don't like to work. I'm lazy and resistant to the idea of being forced to perform truly unnecessary duties day in and out for imaginary paper currency. See, this is why I NEED to be in school. I don't care if I'm 40 years old, I will get done with school.
No comments:
Post a Comment