
So, I've just finished watching Titanic. I haven't watched it in about 2 years, the last time I sat and watched the entire movie, I cried uncontrollably. This time, however, I completely dried every fluid from my body. I sobbed for almost half an hour. It started when Rose told the shipmate that her name was "Rose Dawson." I lost it. By the time that they were reunited in Rose's dreams, I was on the floor convulsing and soaked in my tears and snot.
While watching, I put myself on the boat. I envision how it must have felt to look up at Jack as Rose was on the boat nearing the water away from him. The way that she looked up at him, I felt lost within myself. There stood her true love. There stood a force greater than the iceberg itself. Jack. He was the promise of eternal bliss and joy, in his arms lie a comfort unknown by her before. She knew that she would rather take her chances drowning, as long as she took them with Jack.
I love this movie because it is the perfect example of love. It's that everlasting oasis. No matter how far you journey from it, you'll forever long for it. Even when Rose was old and time had withered her body, in her mind, Jack's love was still as strong as the moment he caught her on the deck. THIS MOVIE IS SO DAMN POWERFUL! GODDAMMIT YOU FUCKERS! FEEL WHAT I FEEL!!!! I want that Jack Dawson love. I want the kind of love that would push me to the end of the world. The kind of love that warms my heart when my body has grown cold. The kind of love that dances through your waking moments and serenades you in your dreams. I want the kind of passion for a person that would force me off of a lifeboat BACK onto a sinking ship. I want to be able to hold his hand and look death in the face. I don't want some one niter who'll be gone in the morning. I want a love that will be there 50 years later.
No comments:
Post a Comment