Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NYC is looking pretty good.

The cheerleading team here at Missouri Valley hasn't been much to fear for the past decade or so, but all of that was to change next semester with the introduction of new instruction. We were more than fortunate to have acquired a coach that was OVERLY qualified to come and drag us from our rivals shadows and possibly make us an impervious force of excellence.

But that is no longer a possibility.

I do not know the truth behind Coach G's decision to turn down his position as coach, but I'll tell you what I think happened.

About 2 weeks ago, our Open Gym practices were canceled because a parent felt that they were unsafe, even though myself and two others on squad are NCA and UCA staff members. This unnamed mother has been known to cause unneeded drama in the name of her daughter for the squad before. Well, this uber concerned parent claims that her daughter was dropped during one of these practices (which is total bullshit, btw) and proceeded to call the NEW coach who had stepped on campus, as coach, only twice and who was not present on campus, residing in St. Louis. She berates him for such irresponsibility and then magically he quits.

hmmmm. I draw no conclusions, yet state what I know.

I am angered beyond belief and saddened to no end.

So, since I was scolded for posting my opinion on Facebook, I shall also show restraint here.


I find that it more than hurtful that petty drama and inappropriate actions have driven this school and team from glory.

I cannot say that I will continue to seek my education here.

NYC is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment