Thursday, March 24, 2011

Excuse me, ugly, this is my stop

It's beyond humbling to find out that you're not as awesome as you think you are...well, I don't really think that "humbling" is the correct term...esteem shattering is closer to what I'm experiencing. It's damn near soul crushing to see yourself in the eyes of other people, especially when those people are close to your heart and think less than highly of you. It is very possible that I'm completely overreacting, but regardless of either fact, I hurt now. I don't feel fit to be an adequate companion to anyone. I'm a composition of multiple facades that unravel shortly after the magic of lust has worn thin.

We all have things about us that we'd rather not let show. Those small insecurities that beckon to deplenish any slither of self pride or confidence. We all do our best to stay victorious over the moments that bring us into a self-loathing stupor, but without fail, we have days that prove to challenge us. This past week has been a never ending moment of inner doubt and personal failings. I've failed to encourage myself into my usual delusions of the uncommon beautiful glory that I hold my head high to.


No comments:

Post a Comment