Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pillar of Salt.

How is it not possible to never look back, yet learn from your mistakes? Where is that line? How much of missing something is healthy and at what level does it become detrimental to your next step? Does it work in reverse? Can you want something you've never had so much that it petrifies your progress towards getting it? I want things, yet often more than not, once I get what I want, the journey to seems to diminish, almost as if it doesn't matter. How do I enjoy the ride up if all I'm looking forward to is the drop? Maybe that's the problem. No one ever enjoys the ride...it's always after that gets us off. As a kid, I only wanted to be an adult, as an adult, all I want is to be a kid. I'm watching myself miss the ride up. I'm working three steps ahead of my own life staying preoccupied with what's to come, always in tomorrow and never in today.

When you actually think about such cliché's as "no day but today" "live each day as your last" they become more proverbial than worn thin. They hold such wisdom that I've been passing over. Each day should be held in the respect that regardless to yesterday or tomorrow, this moment is mine, this moment is true, this moment I learn, this moment I fail, this moment I grow, this moment I walk towards; towards love, towards joy, towards success, towards peace, towards life, towards the "us", towards my legacy, towards HIM, forward. Ever changing. Ever evolving. Ever forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment